Friday, June 12, 2009

The Inaugural Game Night


For the past several months, Kim and I had a standing date on Wednesday to get together at her house for dinner and Lost. Megan, Ihab, Joey, and some of our other friends would frequently come to watch Lost with us. But now that there are not anymore Lost episodes, we thought it would be fun to still get together for dinner and games.

This time we thought it would be good to make Mexican food since it is cheap, delicious, and can be quickly made after work. We made rice, bean, bell peppers, guacamole, spiced ground beef, grilled chorizo, and the normal condiments. Aileen brought a tasty green salad from produce she got from her Co-op. To drink, I used fresh strawberries we picked on Sunday to make Strawberry-Lime Margaritas. Megan brought Choco-Tacos to finish the Mexican theme with dessert.

After a very satisfying dinner, we settled on playing Taboo. Ihab had never played this game before, but did pretty well save for one round where Kim buzzed him 4 times and he netted a total of -3 points. I hadn't played Taboo before either but it was fun and definitely something I would play again. At some point during the game, Kim got the clue word "Hostage" and with Ihab watching her, she gave hints such as "a Muslim would do this," and other words that Ihab took offense to!

3 comments:

  1. I feel the need to defend myself...I am not anti-Muslim. The taboo card for hostage has Iran as one of the words and once I saw that, it influenced me to try to describe that situation. I would like to take this opportunity to publically apologize to Ihab. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still laugh everytime I remember this. I accept your apology Kim. I totally understand. I actually would have probably gave the same hint...

    ihab

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad we're still friends. I really love that Mike captured that exact moment in a photo. :)

    ReplyDelete