Sunday, January 24, 2010

Chilaquiles

Chilaquiles are kind of like breakfast nachos. I discovered this traditional Mexican dish at some brunch spots in Chicago and tried my own version today. First I cut up some corn tortillas into triangles and fried them in 1/2 cup canola oil for ~3-5 minutes until golden brown, flipping them over several times. After cooking the tortillas, I poured off most of the oil, beat 4 eggs with 2 tbsp milk and added to the pan. I also added some chopped green onions and some prepared salsa (I didn't measure but I guess about 1/3 cup) and cooked for a few minutes. Then I added the tortillas to the pan and continued to cook until the eggs were done. I served with a little cheddar cheese and a few slices of avocado.

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmm.....but i also need a photo of those potato pancakes...maybe that will satiate my craving for them :)

    ReplyDelete