Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sweet Potato and Carrot Pancakes

I had a couple of sweet potatoes that needed to be used so I made them into vegetable pancakes. I ran 2 sweet potatoes, 2 carrot and half an onion through the food processor with the grater attachment. Then I combined the shredded vegetables with an egg, ~3/4 cups flour, salt, pepper, a tablespoon of melted butter and a splash of milk. I shaped into pancakes and cooked in butter over medium heat until the vegetables were tender and the outside nice and crispy. These pancakes were really good and didn't take much work at all. You could use other root veggies to make similar dishes.

A note about portions: This week, it seems like leftovers are really piling up. I want to keep cooking every night but I hate to waste food. Most nights, it's just Alex and me, and Alex doesn't eat too much of some of the things I'm making (though I'm proud that he has tried everything!). But recipes are usually for at least four servings, so I'm trying to modify them when possible and not make too much. Otherwise, I'm going to have to start bringing extra lunches for friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment