Saturday, January 2, 2010

Home-cooked January

This blog has been quiet for awhile but I've decided to give myself a little project that should get me writing more. As a New Year's resolution of sorts I've decided to make a home-cooked meal each day in January. The reason for this is simply to get myself in the habit of making real meals as opposed to the veggie burgers and chicken nuggets that are so often served at our house. That said, I'm entering this with a realistic knowledge that I will not be making a culinary masterpiece each day. There are no strict rules. The idea is to make simple, fresh food and get better at doing it on a daily basis! I'm armed with some wonderful cookbooks and a kitchen full of equipment so I'm excited to see what I can come up with over these 31 days. I will share recipes when things work out well and let you know what ones to avoid. For our Philly friends, please drop by some night this month to share (I have a habit of cooking way too much!).

No comments:

Post a Comment