Monday, January 18, 2010

A speedy Indian Monday night meal

Mondays are tough. I always feel like the day gets away from me and I end up getting home late, making cooking difficult. Add to that I often do laundry on Monday nights and it's trash night and I feel like the evening always flies by! Tonight was one of those Mondays so I went with a quick stand-by meal that is easy and delicious, Curried Chickpeas and Spinach. It's home-cooked, but relies on some shortcuts that make it really effortless. Number one is Patak's Original Hot Curry Paste. I love these pre-mixed Indian spices because I worry about getting the combination just right and this does the job for you! To make the dish, I chopped roughly a medium onion and sauteed in olive oil until soft. Then I added a can of chickpeas and a couple big spoonfuls of the hot curry paste (you can use more or less based on your preference). I sauteed that for a couple minutes and then added a can of diced tomatoes with their juice. I threw in a couple handfuls of fresh baby spinach and then cooked over medium heat to combine flavors (~10-15 minutes). And that's it! Super easy. I served this with Trader Joe's Garlic Naan.

No comments:

Post a Comment